The District of Columbia School of Law Foundation is a publicly supported 501(c)(3) non-profit founded in 1993 to promote excellence in public legal education in the District of Columbia, specifically through provision of financial support for the students, faculty and programs of the District’s public law school, the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law.
The District of Columbia School of Law Foundation was created from the Board of Governors of the DC School of Law in 1993, prior to the School of Law’s merger with the University of the District of Columbia. The Foundation’s first endeavor was to raise funds to endow the School of Law’s Joseph L. Rauh, Jr. Chair of Public Interest Law in memory of the late public interest lawyer, Joe Rauh. We raised more than one million dollars and chose as the first Rauh Chair of Public Interest Law the fabulous Wade Henderson, President of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights. More recently, the Foundation began raising funds to support the School of Law’s Olie W. Rauh Professor of Law, a position held by William L. Robinson, founding Dean of the District of Columbia School of Law and the University of the District of Columbia School of Law, and an outstanding litigator, teacher, and leader in the civil rights movement.
In addition to supporting UDC School of Law’s Joseph L. Rauh, Jr. Chair and Olie W. Rauh Professorship, the Foundation:
- Raises funds for student scholarships
- Raises funds for Summer Public Interest Fellowships
- Supports the annual Gala and Joseph L. Rauh Lecture Series
- Raises funds and supports a wide variety of events at the School of Law
- Provides community support to the School of Law as required.
To learn more about UDC School of Law’s programs, please visit http://www.law.udc.edu.
Board of Directors
- Chair: Jon S. Bouker, Partner, Arent Fox, L.L.P.
- Vice Chair: Daniel Solomon, Director, The Naomi and Nehemiah Cohen Foundation
- Secretary: William Robinson, Professor Emeritus, UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
- Treasurer: Daniel Edelman, Of Counsel, Katz, Marshall & Banks, L.L.P.
- Chair Emeritus: Michael Rauh, Senior Counsel (Ret.), Blank Rome, L.L.P.
- Joyce Stanley Batipps, Professor (Ret.), UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
- Robert T. Hall, Partner, Hall & Sethi, P.L.C.
- Timothy L. Jenkins, Chairman, Unlimited Visions Multimedia, Inc.
- Sheldon Krantz, Senior Fellow, Georgetown Center for the Study of the Legal Profession
- Andrew H. Marks, Managing Director, Law Offices of Andrew Marks, P.L.L.C.
- The Honorable Gregory E. Mize, Senior Judge (Ret.), DC Superior Court
- Robert P. Newman, President, RSNJ Partners
- Jack H. Olender, President, Jack H. Olender & Associates, P.C.
- Suzanne Rauh Davis
- The Honorable Inez Smith Reid, Senior Judge, DC Court of Appeals
- Sidney R. Smith, III, President, SRS Counsel, P.C.
- Leslie Thornton, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, WGL Holdings, Inc. and Washington Gas
The District of Columbia School of Law Foundation is an all-volunteer operation – 100% of your donation goes directly to UDC School of Law programming and support! Donations are tax deductible.
To donate securely by credit card, please visit http://www.law.udc.edu/donations.
To donate by mail, please send a check or money order payable to “DC School of Law Foundation” to the care of:
Shelley Broderick, Dean
UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
4340 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
If you would like your donation used for a particular scholarship or program, please note it in the check’s memo field or attach a note.