The District of Columbia School of Law Foundation is a publicly supported 501(c)(3) non-profit founded in 1993 to promote excellence in public legal education in the District of Columbia, specifically through provision of financial support for the students, faculty and programs of the District’s public law school, the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law.
The District of Columbia School of Law Foundation was created from the Board of Governors of the DC School of Law in 1993, prior to the School of Law’s merger with the University of the District of Columbia. The Foundation’s first endeavor was to raise funds to endow the School of Law’s Joseph L. Rauh, Jr. Chair of Public Interest Law in memory of the late public interest lawyer, Joe Rauh. Since then, the Foundation has raised and spent millions of dollars to support the School of Law’s students, faculty and educational programs.
Among its on-going activities, the Foundation:
- Raises funds for student scholarships
- Raises funds for Summer Public Interest Fellowships
- Raises funds to support the School of Law’s highly-ranked clinical program
- Raises funds to support academic success and bar passage initiatives
- Supports UDC Law’s Joseph L. Rauh, Jr. Chairs of Civil & Human Rights, Public Interest Law, and Social Justice, Olie W. Rauh Professorship, and the Jack & Lovell Olender Directors of the Immigration & Human Rights Clinic and Legislation Clinic
- Supports the annual Gala and Joseph L. Rauh Lecture Series
- Raises funds and supports a wide variety of events at the School of Law
- Provides community support to the School of Law as required.
To learn more about UDC School of Law’s programs, please visit https://law.udc.edu.
Board of Directors
- Chair: Jon S. Bouker, Partner, Arent Fox, L.L.P.
- Vice Chair: Daniel Solomon, Director, The Naomi and Nehemiah Cohen Foundation
- Secretary: William Robinson, Professor Emeritus, UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
- Treasurer: Daniel Edelman, Of Counsel, Katz, Marshall & Banks, L.L.P.
- Development Officer: Shelley Broderick, Professor and Dean Emeritus, UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
- Chair Emeritus: Michael Rauh, Senior Counsel (Ret.), Blank Rome, L.L.P.
- Claude E. Bailey, Partner, Venable L.L.P.
- Johnine P. Barnes, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, L.L.P.
- The Honorable Gregory E. Mize, Senior Judge (Ret.), DC Superior Court
- Robert P. Newman, Managing Director, The Law Office of Robert P. Newman, P.C.
- Suzanne Rauh Davis
- The Honorable Inez Smith Reid, Senior Judge (Ret.), DC Court of Appeals
- Leslie Thornton, Senior Vice President & General Counsel (Ret.), WGL Holdings, Inc. and Washington Gas
The District of Columbia School of Law Foundation is an exempt charitable organization as described in Sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
To donate securely by credit card, please visit https://law.udc.edu/donate.
To donate by mail, please send a check or money order payable to “DC School of Law Foundation” to the care of:
Dean Renée M. Hutchins
UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
4340 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
If you would like your donation used for a particular scholarship or program, please note it in the check’s memo field or attach a note.